The Foundation is a nonprofit, tax-exempt, entity that provides supplemental funding for unique educational and facility upgrade opportunities. It helps fulfill teacher-initiated requests by attracting dollars from the private sector (that's YOU!) through various fundraising activities, direct contributions and bequests.
Funds are awarded to teachers for projects and programs originated by teachers and administration. Financial support is provided through successful fundraising campaigns. A few examples of previous Grant Awards are:
- $3,000 to upgrade the Woodstown High School Auditorium sound system.
- $1,500 for Mary Shoemaker School teacher's Internet Weather Station.
- Numerous other grants ranging from $500 to $2,000 to support the following activities:
- Mary Shoemaker musical instruments
- Middle School Special Education Field Trip
- Project Graduation
- Established in 1997
- Reorganized in 2005 when the Foundation was given $60,000
- First fundraiser for the current group was the Chinese Auction at the PTA Ice Cream Social in 2006
- Board of Trustees consists of twenty members, including representation from each of the three schools
- Various committees help advance the mission of the Foundation:
||- Community Outreach
|- Public Relations
||- Grant Review
|- Alumni Relations
||- Corporate Partnerships
- The Foundation receives grants and awards two times per year that are financially supported through its fundraising efforts
- Meetings are held the first Tuesday of each month at 7pm in the Mary Shoemaker Library